After a wonderful and fun-filled Christmas, it's time to reflect on the week gone by and the week to come. Not sure how every week proves to be more exciting than the last, but I'm going with the flow on this one.
Week in Review
- Started off the week with a wonderful time at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. The Blind Boys of Alabama did not disappoint.
- Knocked off all my Christmas shopping in four hours at the Westfield Shopping Center in Century City on Tuesday. Toured the impressive MGM offices before my shopping adventure courtesy of my friend and MGM employee extraordinaire, Aymee.
- Spent Wednesday at OMM -- a slightly belated birthday lunch with Sabrina at Lazy Ox Canteen (the rice pudding is divine) followed by some good, solid book-writing, with lots of hanging out with my OMM family sprinkled in between.
- Celebrated Christmas Eve-Eve with a reiki treatment, batting cages, lunch with Tim, and Christmas tree decorating
- Grabbed lunch and caught up with my good friend from high school, Meghan. Followed that with some Christmas Eve ice skating at L.A. Live with Will. Decided that I wanted to sweat a little more, and headed to ESPNZone for some serious arcade games (I don't need to mention that I beat Will at every basketball shootout contest we had (that makes me 4-0), but I wanted to). It's pretty funny -- I barely break a sweat when I'm pumping iron at the gym, but after I'm finished playing air hockey or arcade hoops or Dance Dance Revolution, I'm soaked.
- Christmas Eve Evening celebration at my uncle's house. Loved spending time with my cousins especially, who made me the coolest Christmas present: they gave me a floor length mirror, decorated with pictures of us, quotes, notes, and, of course, pictures of Rocky (and the cast of Jersey Shore, naturally). The picture on the right is me with one of my cousins, Samantha, just acting normally.
- Big Christmas Celebrations on Saturday -- opening presents on Christmas morning with my parents (I got a ping pong table, sweet new clothes, lots of stuff from my favorite store (Kid Robot), and tickets to the Lakers/Heat game), spending the afternoon with Kobe at the Staples Center (the Lakers lost, but luckily, we're months away from the playoffs), afternoon and evening festivities at my place in downtown (I ate so much that I managed to actually feel stuffed, which doesn't happen often given my newfound monster appetite), a quick trip to Sabrina's house to see her family and especially her adorable little ones, and a late-night session of DJ Hero and Rock Band with Will and my dad.
- Resting and working on the book today...going to see Next to Normal tonight (another Christmas present)
- Watched Duke continue their reign as the best team in college basketball, now 11-0. Our Senior leadership is for real.
- Finished watching my new favorite TV Show, Boardwalk Empire. Who knew the history of Atlantic City could be so riveting?
- Took all my vitamins, got all my Lovenox shots, meditated, rested, drank water, celebrated the holidays in grand fashion, killed cancer.
Week in Preview
- Chemo Round 6 -- bring it on, baby! Can't wait to see Dr. Lenz and get the party started yet again. One one more round after this! I'm going to miss Norris, but I'll be back after surgery.
- Acupuncture with Mary Ellen on Tuesday -- spending the rest of the day relaxing in Santa Monica with my friend Anna.
- Belated Christmas gift exchange with Nick, Jessica, Aymee -- I'm not going to point any fingers at why this gift exchange is belated, but Nick didn't get his present together in time for our previously scheduled date. I guess I just pointed my finger!
- Taking off for DC on Thursday -- looking forward to spending quality time with my second cousin, Vivian, and her family in Maryland.
- Driving to NYC for NYE, and spending the evening in the city for what will be a crazily exciting and memorable night.
- Sitting front and center for the matinee showing of Time Stands Still on New Year's Day. So incredibly excited to see Laura Linney.
- Enjoying the chilly weather on the East Coast. If there are snowballs to be made, I will make them. And throw them at Will and my parents, especially when they're not looking. (I'm a little devil in the snow.)
- Continue taking all my vitamins, hitting the gym, taking all my Lovenox shots, living life to the fullest, and thoroughly annihilating cancer.
Enjoy this last week of 2010, everyone!!