The weeks are flying by, and the good times keep on coming. I hope you're getting into the holiday spirit and embracing the chilly weather (because, honestly, there's no real getting away from it, so why not embrace it?). Without further ado, it's time to review and preview.
Week in Review
- Chemo Round 5 -- there's something pretty exciting about getting five rounds of chemo under my belt. Five is a substantial amount of anything, right? I'm incredibly happy with my ability to take this chemo in stride (and I take pretty quick strides). Had a great time at USC on Monday -- big hugs from my dear Dr. Lenz, the best nurse at the Day Hospital overseeing the process, and a lovely black bean and cheese burrito delivered to me by the hubby while I marinated in the cancer-killing meds. Showed chemo who was boss by going to see the new Harry Potter movie with Will and Rhett afterwards.
- Got in the holiday spirit at OMM on Tuesday during our annual Day of Giving holiday party. I had a blast hanging out with my wonderful colleagues, and met some new great folks who follow the blog. Tim and I hosted the karaoke contest and sang a couple of songs ("Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears and Boyz II Men's "I'll Make Love to You"). Our talents were rewarded when we won a $50 gift card for "Best Duet" for the second year in a row. What can I say? Timmy and I are crooners.
- Took time on Wednesday and Thursday to relax and recenter myself. The last couple of weeks, especially my birthday week, were filled with activity and less sleep than usual, so it was time to get back on track. Slept lots, rested in bed with lovely television (I'm a big fan of I Shouldn't Be Alive), painted, got excellent back rubs from my dad, and cuddled with Will and Winston.
- Went to a screening of The Kids Are All Right with Aymee on Wednesday night -- loved the movie and loved the company.
- Hit the gym all week, of course. Also went on a couple little jogs with my mom and Winston. Focused on winding myself, because that's what Ilse Sugarbaker says I need to do to prepare for surgery. It's a bit of a challenge because I'm in darn good shape, but I focused on pushing myself that much harder to the point of panting. It felt great.
- Celebrated the holidays even more with O'Melveny's Latino Attorney group (we call ourselves OLA -- clever, right?). Enjoyed Olvera Street in downtown Los Angeles, bonded with some of my fellow Latinos at OMM, and had some delicious enchiladas.
- Acupuncture with Mary Ellen on Friday afternoon, which was exactly what I needed to feel refreshed and rejuvenated after this last round of chemo.
- Worked on the book on Saturday and made excellent progress. Truly inspired to keep writing. Took a break from writing to go to the movies -- saw The Fighter and loved it. Christian Bale did an excellent job, and I always relish a story about a person that beats the odds with sheer determination and will.
- Capped off the week by having tea and all the fixins with Aymee and Nick at h.wood in Hollywood on Sunday afternoon. Decided to continue the fun with a relaxing massage at Ra Organic Spa with my mom afterwards.
- Took all my vitaimins, got all my Lovenox shots, drank lots of water, meditated, and killed cancer all while humming holiday tunes.
Week in Preview
- It's Christmas week and, man, I need to do some shopping. Planning on spending some serious time at the Westfield Mall in Century City and The Grove.
- Holiday Concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall -- Will and I are going to see the Blind Boys of Alabama on Monday night. Should be awesome.
- Pumping iron, jogging in the rain, and continuing to make my body into a strong, efficient machine.
- Watching my Blue Devils hit the court again (they were off last week because of finals) -- expecting some solid wins.
- Lunches with some of my favorite friends -- Sabrina, Aymee, and Meghan (home from law school in D.C. for the holidays).
- Soaking up the holiday season with some Christmas movies and music. Hot apple cider might also be in my future.
- Christmas Eve celebration at my uncle and aunt's house. Looking forward to bonding with the family.
- Christmas!!! Spending the morning at my parents' house, and the afternoon/evening at my place. So excited. Christmas is almost as good as April Fool's Day. Okay, okay -- it's tied with April Fool's Day.
- Painting more "Love Life" paintings, working on the book and blog, and making playlists on my iTunes for my upcoming travels.
- Continue taking all my vitamins, getting all my Lovenox shots, drinking lots of water, meditating, eating healthily, and killing cancer cells.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!! And an early Merry Christmas from WunderGlo!